What’s the story of Moxie the hero Labrador dog?
- A 13 years brown Labrador with a rare genetic skills trained as a service animal and a rescue dog.
- Moxie did a great service after the September 11 attacks in New York by saving people buried in the rubble. Even with Moxie’s poor sense of sight and hearing due to her age, she had a good skills of sniffing.. Once she picks up a scent of a person buried in the rubble she start barking instantly. She worked hard 16 hours a day for 8 respectively days hoping to save survivors!
- After this tragedy, Moxie the Labrador Retriever breed became a famous hero in the United States.
Well this was the story of Moxie the hero lab, is your dog a hero too? Feel free to tell us in the comments section!
Are Labradors good as guard dogs?
- No not really, Labradors are wonderful pets, thanks to their friendly gentle mood.. but unfortunately they don’t make good guard dogs. Contrary to some other dog breeds who are powerful as guard dogs like the Rottweiler, the German Short haired Pointer breeds and even Terrier breeds such as Yorkies!
- The Labrador’s friendly helpful mood makes them perfect for many reasons, but when it comes to guard.. they probably gonna lick the thief to death than to actually bark at them or attack them!
Can Labs be used as guild dogs?
- Absolutely yes! Labrador Retrievers are one of the top used breeds as guild dogs! They offer a very helpful service to blind and deaf people since they were bred, and help them around obstacles and get them from a start point to an end point with safety.
- Labradors are smart plus their patience and loyalty, all of these temperaments make them perfect as guild dogs.
- Like we all know most public transport and restaurants do not allow bringing in dogs or pets, but with the priceless guard service that Labradors offer to their owners, they are welcome and many countries don’t mind their access.
What are Labrador Retrievers ?
- Labradors are the most popular dog breed in the world (owned by many famous celebrities including Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jennifer Garner), they are originated in Canada, friendly, intelligent and good swimmers with their water resistant coat!
They have also been very loyal and helpful to people since they existed (offer a priceless service to blind or deaf people).
The average expected time to live for Labradors is between 10 and 12 years.
They also make awesome pets, with an average litter size of 7 Labradors puppies.
They are one of the easier breeds to train at house, perfect as hunting dogs with a good nose and a soft mouth, and also great as rescue dogs!
How did Labs get their name ?
- Labradors got their name from the place they originated in which is Labrador city in Canada (a town in western Labrador near the Quebec border).
- The name “Labrador” is actually a shortened version of “Labrador Retriever” which became the generally accepted name of this breed in the 1880s.
- They come in black color, yellow and Chocolate, but the most popular are blacks and yellows.
When was the Labrador breed officially recognized ?
- The Labrador Retriever breed was officially recognized in 1903 by the UK Kennel club. And the first dog of this breed was registered by the AKC (American Kennel Club) in 1917.
- The Lab breed became top 1 America’s popular and favorite breed in the last 4 years (2015-2018). Without this official recognition, the Labrador breed would have died years ago and would have been bred with other dog breeds (wouldn’t kept pure).. so thanks to the American Kennel Club for this important event.
What can I name my Lab?
- Here is the top 10 best female and male dog names ever!
Male names :
1.Max 2.Jax 3.Jack 4.Rex 5.Looki 6.Nok 7.Milo 8.Ace 9.Ziggy 10.Rudy
Female names :
1.Josie 2.Sassy 3.Gigi 4.Nikki 5.Mia 6.Sasha 7.Ava 8.Hannah 9.Cookie 10.Alie
- Some of these names are human names, because some people love to make their pets sound like that to help them becoming a real part of the family.