Raised dog bowls were designed to make your life or your dog’s life easier, when choosing a dog bowl for your doggy, there are a few things to consider, because not all dog bowls are the same or made of the same materials.
There is different choices of raised dog bowls for large dogs, so how to choose the perfect one that looks good and without spilling food all over the floor, and what are the perfect bowl requirements ?
At the very least, your dog’s bowl should be resistant, tough, easy to clean and hard to chew up or break. It should be big enough for the food or water to meet your large dog’s needs, but when it comes to the design it’s up for you to choose.
Unlike other reviews on the internet, this review is part like a personal review, we research the web and we report what other people are saying about the best elevated dog bowls and what rating out of 10 they gave them. The benefit from this is that you save time! Read on as we share with you some amazing raised bowls for dogs.
Quick Overview: Best elevated dog bowls
|10||9/10||Medium to Large Breeds||Check product|
|9||9.1/10||Medium to Large Breeds||Check product|
|8||8.9/10||Large Breeds||Check product|
|7||9.1/10||Large Breeds||Check product|
|6||9/10||Large Breeds||Check product|
|5||9.1/10||Large Breeds||Check product|
|4||9.1/10||Large Breeds||Check product|
|3||9.2/10||Giant Breeds||Check product|
|2||9/10||Large Breeds||Check product|
|1||9.2/10||Giant Breeds||Check product|
OUR TOP 10 PICKS
We all know that it’s hard to find the perfect elevated bowl for your dog.. so here is a list of top 10 raised dog bowls that would be great for your dog. Their ratings are based on the quality, features and price!
#10. OurPets Store-N- Feed Adjustable Raised Dog Bowl Feeder
Another elevated bowl feeder from ourPets that provides a comfortable feeding for your pet, the special thing about it that you can store food underneath (up to 15 lbs of dry food for the large one), features two high quality hygienic stainless steel bowls that hold up to 6.75 cups of dry food each one and what are easy to remove and clean. Great feeder for small to large dog breeds!
Read what other dog owners stated:
- “The product is great. No mess with extra food hanging around easy to clean and a good height for our dog.”
- “So much easier on my large lab‘s neck for dinner ! “
- “Great, heavy enough that the dog does not move around.”
- “My Dachshund loves it! This feeder is the perfect height for him”
#9. Our Pets Healthy Pet Diner Elevated Feeder
This elevated feeder is made in the USA, promotes a healthy feeding position for your pooch, reduces stress on his joints and bones, features 2 high quality removable stainless steel bowls that are easy to clean and hold approximately 6 cups of food. You can remove the bowl and use any 2 liters bottle ( Constant water supply ). Available in 3 sizes, great for small to medium dog breeds!
Other reviewers stated:
- “Very nice bowls, so much easier for my Senior Boxer Mix“
- “Perfect pet feeder, I got the 12 inch knowing my Weimaraner will grow into it”
- “Works perfect for our black lab mix, Very sturdy. Well worth the price.”
- “This is the perfect size and height for my American Staffordshire Terrier!”
#8. Petmate EZ Reach Diner
This bowl feeder offers a raised design for dogs with neck issues or for avoiding troubles with larger dogs. Its made of durable plastic and features 2 removable stainless steel bowls that holds up to 12 cup each, easy to lift and clean. And features also 2 handles that make it easy to transport.
Available in two sizes and two colors!
Other pet owners reviews:
- “Purchased this for my Doberman puppy who was making a mess with ground feeders. He loves it.”
- “I have a Labradoodle and this is perfect height for him.”
- “Love this pet feeder!! Perfect for my beautiful Husky“
- “This bowl set is great. English Mastiff approves!”
#7. BestVida Sparks Pet Feeder, Dog Feeder, Cat Feeder, Dog Bowl, Pet Station, Pet Feeding Station
The special thing about this feeder is it’s hand crafted, made of formed iron with a neutral antique powder coated finish, each bowl can hold up to 2.5 quart, they are durable, non absorbent and dishwasher safe. You can use the ceramic bowls alone as you can use them with the raised metal stand.
This feeder promotes a healthy eating position and wellness for your doggy. Its design is great for both outdoor and indoor.
Also it’s available in many colors!
People have rated this feeder 8/10
- “I bought the large one for my 58 lbs Retriever and they were awesomely sturdy just as reviews had stated.”
- “Excellent quality, larger than you might think.”
- “These are really nice ways to take care of our dogs”
- “Great size bowls for my 85lb American Pit bull Terrier.”
#6. Bergan 88142-P Elevated Double Bowl Feeder, Stainless Steel, .75-Quart
This dog bowl is made in the USA and the special thing about it is: it has a removable legs so you can adjust the height for the needs of your doggy (it grows with your pooch), also the stainless steel bowls are removable for easy cleaning and each one holds up to 2.75 quart of food.
It unique modern design will look good at any home. Perfect for dogs who might have health problems flexing down to eat from bowls on the floor.
Dog owners rated this one 8.4/10:
- “Love this feeder. Bought the large size and it’s the perfect height for my 80 lbs German Shepherd.”
- “Perfect height for my rescued Senior Cocker“
- “Great price..sturdy design. Perfect for a small kitchen. Highly recommend!”
- “Medium is the perfect size for my Italian Greyhound“
#5. OurPets Elevated Bone Feeder Raised Dog Feeding Station
This elevated dog bowl is great for small to large dog breeds, gives a healthy feeding position to your pooch to avoid neck or back pain. It has 2 high quality stainless steel bowls, removable, easy to clean and each one holds up to 5.5 cups of dry food.
Available in 4 sizes and one color: black
Online reviewers rated this one 8.8/10 and stated:
- “Purchased this same feeder about 2 years ago, and it has worked out so well for my Boxer.”
- “Love it, It’s light weight and the bowls are easily removed for cleaning.”
- “Well Made, Very Large Feeding Bowls, Highly Recommended!”
- “Finally a solution to keeping my dog from playing with the bowls”
#4. IRIS USA, Inc. IRIS Small Elevated Feeder
The special thing about this one is you can store your dog’s food under the two bowls with up to 47 lbs of dry dog food, and each bowl holds up to 2 quarts of food or drink! It also helps reducing neck or back muscle strain.
Available in 3 sizes:
A size for small breeds like a Chihuahua, Yorkshire Terrier, a medium – large size and a large size for big dogs like Rottweiler, Doberman and more.
Some useful reviews:
- “Great, Basic Dog Food Station That Serves Its Purpose Well Enough”
- “If you’re looking for an elevated feeder, this is the one.”
- “This does exactly what it’s supposed to.. Simple and Effective”
- “This is our second one, bought for second dog. Great feeder.”
#3. Pets Stop Pyramid Double Diner – Black – X-Large
This elevated dog bowl is great for large and giant breeds, gives a healthy feeding position to your dog to avoid neck or back pain. Made from heavy duty wrought iron, with a modern, minimalist look.
Includes 2 high quality stainless steel bowls, removable, easy to clean and each one holds up to 12 cups of dry food or water.
Also, It’s 18″ Tall, which means, It meets the requirements for an elevated feeder for giant breeds such as Great danes, Mastiffs, Newfoundland and more.
Some good reviews about this dog bowls:
- The Best Giant Breed Feeding Station out there
- I hesitated, but am so glad we bought this!
- Absolutely fantastic. Solid build quality, attractive, and durable.
- Very solid and my great Dane does not move this around when she eats. Expensive but worth the price.
#2. Pawfect Pets Premium Elevated Dog and Cat Pet Feeder, Comes with Extra Two Stainless Steel Bowls.
This is one of the most sold bowls on the market. The special thing about it, that it includes two stainless steel bowls for replacement so you can always have a clean bowl ready.
Comes with a solid stand to prevent your pet from spilling around the floor and leave a big mess. Made of stainless steel what makes it easy to clean. It has a gorgeous modern design.
Also dogs who have neck or back problems can find it comfortable to eat from an elevated bowl. Great for large breeds.
Dogs owners rated this bowl 9.2 out of 10 stating:
- “We bought this one because it looked nice and our Great Dane LOVES it”
- “Nice addition to our kitchen decor and wonderful quality”
- “I love this pet bowl feeder ! It is very sturdy and very attractive”
- “Absolutely perfect for dogs with arthritis.. this helped my dog.”
- “Great elevated dog bowls for great danes”
#1. Ozarks Fehr Trade Originals Raised dog bowls
Unlike most other feeders, this one is made in the USA, non-toxic, Eco-friendly and have the Green People Seal of Approval! The stains and finishes are all natural, making them safe-even if your pet licks or chews the finish!
Provides a healthy comfort: From reducing neck strain to facilitating digestion.
Available in three gorgeous stains, they make a great addition to any room’s decor.
As we said, the best dog bowl for giant breeds tends to be one which is at least 17″ tall, exactly like this one, what makes it the perfect size for them.
Some useful reviews about this raised feeder:
- Perfect fit, speedy delivery, great sellers!
- Good old fashioned quality and customer service!
- This is the perfect size for our Mastiff.
- Love these single bowl stands. Once they were in our house we quickly realized we also needed the double bowl stand for our water!
The Most Materials Used for Dog bowls are:
Stainless Steel Dog bowls are unbreakable, built to last longer than other bowls, they are easy to clean, inexpensive and lightweight, what makes them a good investment.
Some of these bowls have a piece of rubber on the bottom to avoid the spilling around the kitchen.
Most of Stainless Steel Dog bowls look the same, they don’t come in colors or designs.
Contrary to Stainless Steel Dog bowls, Plastic bowls come in different forms, design and colors. They are inexpensive, lightweight and unbreakable if dropped.
Plastic bowls are not recommended for some dogs, they can chew it easily if they are aggressive chewers, like if you have a Pit bull or a Cane Corso, probably it’s not recommended.
In addition, Plastic bowls are not easy to clean, and if scratched it can be a place for a damaging bacteria.
Ceramic or stoneware bowls are heavy compared to the plastic ones, easy to clean and also easy to break if dropped, so be careful when washing or holding, also a crack can be a place for bacteria to hide which is not safe for your pooch!
They come in different forms, decorations and colors, so you can express your style with any design you want, even some manufactures offer the option to print your dog’s name on it.
How often should you wash your dog’s bowl?
You should wash your dog’s bowl daily, just like you would wash your own dishes. And not only should you wash your dog’s food bowl with hot water and soap after every meal but also it’s recommended washing your hands before and after handling your dog’s bowl to help prevent any infection!
In this article, we reviewed top 10 best elevated dog feeders on the market today. So you are now full of knowledge and recommendations to help you choose the perfect bowl for your dog.