Boredom and loneliness are sources of excessive stress for both dogs and cats. Treat dispensing toys are a great way to help
relieve boredom, stress, frustration and bad behaviors such as, barking, jumping, spinning, chewing, among others. Another great benefit of using these toys is that the dogs get their mental, physical and emotional needs. Because the mental
stimulation is just as important as physical stimulation for our pooches. With these interactive dog toys, not only are they having fun, but they are also exercising their minds. So read on as we share with you top 3 best dog toys for boredom (different types).
Do not forget to check out our articles on the “Best dog teeth cleaning toys” to keep your dog’s teeth clean everyday!
Best dog toys for boredom:
3. Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel and Puzzle Plush Squeaking Toys for Dogs
This one has a unique and innovative design. It stimulates mental play with a fun game of hide & seek. Keeps dogs occupied and eliminates boredom. You stuff the adorable little squeaky squirrels into the soft tree trunk and watch your dog sniff and hunt them one by one. It serves as a puzzle as well as a physical workout.
Also! Each stuffed squirrel is loaded with one large squeaker which keeps dogs occupied.
The Hide-A-Squirrel is available in 4 sizes. SMALL with 3 SQUIRRELS, to GINORMOUS with 6 SQUIRRELS.
Some good reviews about this toy:
- Wally the Pug loves his squirrel log!
- Beagle loves playing with and has not destroyed!
- Absolutely adorable! I got this for my tiny Havanese puppy.
- My Chihuahua favorite toy!
2. StarMark Bob-A-Lot Interactive Dog Toy
This one is special, great for testing your dog’s intelligence. They need to find the treats
that are hiding within the toy, and figure out how they can get them out. The Large bottom Chamber fits up to 3 cups of Food.. enough for a full meal. Just put some food and let them do the job!
Also, It has adjustable openings to customize difficulty, providing a good interactive challenge.
Available in a large and small size.
Some good reviews about this toy:
- My miniature poodle has not tired of it yet–as long as there is food in it, that is!
- Durable dry dog kibble dispenser toy.
- My German Shepherd Loves This.
- One of the best interactive treat dispensing dog toys.
1. iFetch Interactive Ball Launchers for Dogs
This is top 1 recommendation, iFetch is the original automatic dog ball thrower. Dogs can have fun by themselves, you teach your dog how to drow the balls in the slot, and you can just sit and watch (or work/ study) while your dog is having a non stop fetching fun.
It’s definitely most fun outside in the back yard on a cool weather. But when it’s cold or raining, iFetch can also be used indoors, because the throw distance can be adjusted. Check the video below:
Video credit: goiFetch
It’s a great choice for small dogs, 40 lbs or less, such as French bulldogs, Yorkies and Dachshunds. But there is also a bigger version for large breeds. It’s extremely easy for dogs to learn to use and designed as well as any launcher on the market.
The machine is durable, made with quality materials. It’s considerably better made than the other cheap automatic ball launchers we have tested.
So the best thing is to invest some good money into a great launcher that lasts longer! Also iFetch products are backed by a one year warranty.
Some online reviews about iFetch:
- Going on 3 years now with this and so far it’s been awesome.
- won’t stop playing until we hide it!
- We are very pleased with this iFetch interactive Ball Launcher
- My corgi just loves this!!!